My 2023 5-Star Reads


It’s time to start talking about BOOKS!πŸ“šπŸ€

I’m trying to plan out a posting schedule for this blog. I’ll get there eventually, maybe. But in the meantime, I think I’ll just start with a quick post sharing the titles of my 2023 Christian Fiction 5-star reads!

What does it take to get a 5 star rating from me? Well, I have to have absolutely loved the story. It’s excellent, IMO. It’s also a book I will definitely reread someday. And because of this book, I want to read more of the author’s work. Regarding Christian Fiction, there’s no unsound doctrine that isn’t corrected as an untruth within the story.

If you want to know the rest of my rating system, go HERE

To be clear, I won't be adding many of these books to my church’s library (for a variety of reasons), but they are all Christian-made fiction books I love. 

And now, without further ado, here’s my list of 5-star reads from last year in the order I finished them. 


  1. *Blind Trust (The SNAP Agency #3) by Natalie Walters

  2. Paper Hearts by Courtney Walsh 

  3. Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis (reread)

  4. Authentically, Izzy (Skymar #1) by Pepper Basham (audiobook)

  5. *War of Torment (The Droseran Saga #4) by Ronie Kendig

  6. *Positively, Penelope (Skymar #2) by Pepper Basham

  7. To Slay a Curse by Rae Graham

  8. All That it Takes (McKenzie Family Romance #2) by Nicole Deese 

  9. *The Looking-Glass Illusion (The Curious Realities #2) by Sara Ella

  10. The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold

  11. What Happens Next by Christina Suzann Nelson

  12. The King’s Scrolls (Ilyon Chronicles #2) by Jaye L. Knight

  13. *Guardian (Children of the Consortium #3) by Cathy McCrumb

  14. Lumen (The Nightingale Trilogy #2) by J.J. Fischer
* I read an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC)


Wow! That’s 14 of the 71 books that I finished in 2023!

I have several more that were a close 4.5 stars as well.

My most favorite book of 2023 would probably have to be The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold. 


This debut author has amazing storytelling skills. Her characters are extremely well-written and the faith aspect of this story is so real and beautiful. It’s a contemporary fiction story with some ties to historical events. Adult readers are the intended audience and I highly recommend it!

Happy reading!
Stephanie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Curating a Church Library

Equipped for the job